• See:
  • See Also:
  • Showing items 76 - 90 of 8112.

    Add to Quick Collection   All 8112 Results

    Sort:
     Add All Items to Quick Collection
    Date: November 8, 1969
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:31099
    Description: The New York State department of Mental Hygiene purchased this house at 111 Cathedral Avenue in Hempstead for possible development as a group home for the mentally handicapped.
    Date: November 8, 1963
    Subject: Floods | Streets
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:31285
    Description: This view looks southeast along 167th Street, between 115th and 116th Avenues, showing deep water flooding the street after a storm. The dark brick building on the right is P.S. 140.
    Date: November 8, 1959
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:33347
    Description: Queens College music students test the acoustics in an unfinished classroom of the school's new Charles S. Colden Music and Speech Center, still under construction.
    Date: November 8, 1959
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:33334
    Description: Queens College students pose in the doorways to sound-proof listening booths in the school's new Charles S. Colden Music and Speech Center, still under construction.
    Date: November 8, 1959
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:31456
    Description: A young woman is silhouetted in the windows of Queens College's new Charles S. Colden Speech and Music Center.
    Authors: Joseph McElroy
    Date: July 8, 1942
    Type: Digital Image
    Identifier: aql:17781
    Description: R.C. Engler, with flag, posed for a picture with his company "in the field," as he notes on the back. He sent this postcard, postmarked at Peekskill, N.Y., back home to the "158 Club" at McElroy's Tav ... More
    Date: June 8, 1938
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:4116
    Description: A view looking north along Sprague Street (now 69th Street) from 36th Road (now 35th Road). 36th Road was once part of the Trains Meadow Road, a colonial roadway no longer in existence. (Note sign on ... More
    Authors: William J. Rugen
    Date: August 8, 1937
    Type: black and white negative; black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:15625
    Description: The Long Island Rail Road's PRR K-4S Engine #3741 and passenger train are seen here at Union Hall Station in Jamaica.
    Date: June 8, 1927
    Subject: Dwellings
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:8504
    Description: Colden Mansion, built around 1763. Lieutenant Governor Cadwallader Colden Bought Spring Hill Farm (120 Acres) in 1762 from John & Thomas Willett for 200 Pounds. In the 1830s the estate was known as Ir ... More
    Date: April 8, 1927
    Subject: Dwellings
    Type: black and white print; black and white negative; digital image
    Identifier: aql:8855
    Description: Jaggar house. Also known as the Hinman house.
    Date: February 8, 1924
    Subject: Dwellings
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:8620
    Description: Side of the Michael Covert house on the north side of Queens Boulevard.
    Date: February 8, 1923
    Subject: Dwellings
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:8226
    Description: John E. Backus house. Also known as the Abram Whitson house. Print is faded.
    Date: August 8, 1913
    Subject: Bathhouses
    Type: Postcards
    Identifier: aql:30212
    Description: Murray's Pavilion. Sanford Murray's dance hall, restaurant, hotel and bath house was one of the largest attractions in Seaside in the early 1900's. Located at Beach 103rd Street on the Seaside midway ... More
    Date: September 8 1911
    Type: postcard; digital image
    Identifier: aql:17858
    Description: Niantic Clubhouse, Sanford Avenue, Flushing L.I.
    Authors: S. Hirschberg
    Date: September 8, 1911
    Subject: Hotels
    Type: Postcards
    Identifier: aql:30300
    Description: Sea Side House Hotel in Rockaway Beach. The Seaside House was one of Rockaway’s earliest resorts, opened in 1856, when it was attainable only by boat or from carriage from Far Rockaway, and finally cl ... More