Farm buildings

Showing items 46 - 60 of 72.

Add to Quick Collection   All 72 Results

Sort:
 Add All Items to Quick Collection
Date: March 1923
Type: Black and white photograph
Identifier: aql:29664
Description: Robert Morrell House - The remains of the old Robert Morrell Homestead on the north side of Juniper Valley Rd. between Juniper Ave. (69th St.) and Mrs. Morrell's House (current 71st Street). The house ... More
Date: May 1923
Type: Black and white photograph
Identifier: aql:29644
Description: Rudolph Ray House - (or Rudolph Rey House?) On the south side of Juniper Swamp Rd. (Furmanville Ave.), a little west of Dry Harbor Road (80th Street). At right is the Gottesmann cow barn which became ... More
Date: May 1923
Type: Black and white photograph
Identifier: aql:29758
Description: Strong Farm - Barns on the Strong Family Property near the shore of Flushing Bay, south of Old Ditmars Ave., at about present 101st St. and 23rd Avenue. Mrs. A. Strong 1852; Mrs. J. Strong 1860; Benja ... More
Date: 1923
Type: Black and white photograph
Identifier: aql:29674
Description: Strong Farm - Distant view of barns on the Strong Family Property near the shore of Flushing Bay, south of Old Ditmars Ave., at about present 101st St. and 23rd Avenue. Mrs. A. Strong 1852; Mrs. J. St ... More
Date: 1923
Type: Black and white photograph
Identifier: aql:29546
Description: Strong Farm - Barns on the Strong Family Property near the shore of Flushing Bay, south of Old Ditmars Ave., at about present 101st St. and 23rd Avenue. Mrs. A. Strong 1852; Mrs. J. Strong 1860; Benja ... More
Date: 1923
Type: Black and white photograph
Identifier: aql:29740
Description: Totten House - (aka Daniel Rapelye, or Rapelje House) The house is on the left behind grove of trees, barn is visible center left, and it was located on the east side at the bend in Old Bowery Bay Roa ... More
Date: 1922
Type: Black and white photograph
Identifier: aql:29551
Description: Charles G. Covert House - (aka Underhill House) the house is to the left with the barns and farm on the right. The house was located south of Borden Avenue, across from the line of 55th Ave., on the w ... More
Date: 1922
Type: Black and white photograph
Identifier: aql:29765
Description: Charles G. Covert House - (aka Underhill House) the house is to the left with the barns and farm on the right. The house was located south of Borden Avenue, across from the line of 55th Ave., on the w ... More
Date: 1922
Type: Black and white photograph
Identifier: aql:29530
Description: Custer’s Cow barn - Old house in the back of Old No. 32 First Street (later was about No. 191 Hill St.), and would be located at what is now about 57th Road near 59th Street. It was owned by Mrs. Burk ... More
Date: 1922
Type: Black and white photograph
Identifier: aql:25721
Description: Capt. Luke Remsen House - Later owned by Ascan Backus around 1850. An isolated house on the meadows on the south side of the current 65th Road, east of 112th St. (now park land at Grand Central Parkwa ... More
Date: 1922
Type: Black and white photograph
Identifier: aql:25822
Description: J. Burkhardt House and Farm - Barn and outbuildings south of the house. Burkhardt farm was on the SW corner of Woodhaven Blvd. and Dry Harbor Road, this view is looking north up Woodhaven Blvd. Photo ... More
Date: 1922
Type: Black and white photograph
Identifier: aql:25904
Description: Jeromus Vanderveer House - old residence (aka Weeden House). Barns and outbuildings in the rear of the Old Jeromus Vanderveer House. North side of Metropolitan Ave. about 50 feet west of 70th Ave. Sto ... More
Date: 1922
Type: Black and white photograph
Identifier: aql:25701
Description: Judge Jonathan T. Furman House - J.T. Furman owned in 1852, 1860, and 1873. Furman also served as Sheriff of Queens County. C. Monkemeyer owned the house in 1891, 1896, and Possenried occupied in 1922 ... More
Date: 1922
Type: Black and white photograph
Identifier: aql:25694
Description: Moore House - The site and surrounding land were originally owned by Rev. John Moore (d.1657), his son Capt. Samuel Moore built the center section of the house in 1666. Capt. Samuel Moore's son Benjam ... More
Date: 1922
Type: Black and white photograph
Identifier: aql:25609
Description: Moore House - Rear view, Broadway at 45th Ave. Capt. Samuel Moore (d. 1717) built the center section in 1666, his son Benjamin Moore (d.1750) enlarged it in 1710, John Moore (1730-1827) then owned it. ... More