Orphanages

Showing items 1 - 15 of 20.

Add to Quick Collection   All 20 Results

Sort:
 Add All Items to Quick Collection
Date: August 31, 1933
Type: Postcards
Identifier: aql:30267
Description: On the beach, in front of St. Malachy's (here spelled Malachi's) Catholic Home and Convalescent Home for Jewish Children, Rockaway Park. St. Malachy’s Orphanage, located at 140 Beach 112th Street in R ... More
Date: ca. 1950
Type: Postcards
Identifier: aql:30335
Description: The St. John's Home (or Residence) for Boys. Originally called the Saint John’s Orphan Asylum for boys it was founded in 1868 in Crown Heights Brooklyn, that location was torn down to build the Albany ... More
Date: 1927
Subject: Orphanages
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:7914
Description: St. Joseph's Home for Girls. Burned down in the 1960s.
Date: Time Period: 1920 - 2010
Type: Oral history
Identifier: aql:20544
Description: Annalou Christensen describes how the School for Girls was turned into housing for the Veterans of the Civil War, and later became an orphanage. The orphanage became the favorite charity of Flushing a ... More
Authors: John D. Willis
Date: May, 1914
Type: lantern slide; black and white negative; black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:3695
Description: St. Joseph's Home for Girls, Kissena Boulevard and Sanford Avenue. Also known as St. Joseph's Academy. Originally built as St. Thomas Hall, later St. Joseph's Convent
Date: ca. 1910
Subject: Orphanages | Beaches
Type: Postcards
Identifier: aql:30297
Description: Children sit on the beach in front of St. Malachy’s Home. St. Malachy's orphanage was located on Beach 112th Street in Rockaway Park, it was open between 1898 and 1943. The location is now the Martin ... More
Authors: Joan Kindler
Date: ca. 1910
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14358
Description: The Sisters of St. Joseph Convent maintained a boarding school for girls, and later an orphanage. The institution relocated to Brentwood in 1896, and the building was destroyed by fire in the 1960s.
Authors: A. Noble Chapman
Date: 1906
Subject: Orphanages
Type: glass plate negative; black and white negative; digital image
Identifier: aql:10854
Description: This building housed orphans aged two to sixteen, and was located across the street from the Suffolk County Almshouse, which can be seen in record anc-000009.
Date: ca. 1900
Subject: Orphanages
Type: lantern slide; digital image
Identifier: aql:5437
Description: Exterior view of a large building. A man stands in the distance on the left.
Date: ca. 1900
Type: lantern slide; digital image
Identifier: aql:5151
Description: Room with rows of cribs.
Date: ca. 1900
Type: lantern slide; digital image
Identifier: aql:5414
Description: Illustration of an orphanage scene, by C.E. Brock.
Date: ca. 1900
Type: lantern slide; digital image
Identifier: aql:5241
Description: Illustration of an orphanage scene, by C.E. Brock.
Date: ca. 1900
Subject: Orphanages
Type: lantern slide; digital image
Identifier: aql:5250
Description: A group of orphans, and a nurse, playing indoors. It appears that someone has drawn over the image, creating a photograph/drawing hybrid.
Date: ca. 1900
Subject: Orphanages
Type: lantern slide; digital image
Identifier: aql:5219
Description: Interior view of an Orphanage. Staircase.
Add  Orphans
Date: ca. 1900
Subject: Orphanages | Orphans
Type: lantern slide; digital image
Identifier: aql:5408
Description: A group of children and a nurse, playing on the gardens of an orphanage.