Historic sites

Showing items 1 - 15 of 30.

Add to Quick Collection   All 30 Results

Sort:
 Add All Items to Quick Collection
Date: August 7, 1938
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:30426
Description: A view of the rear wing of the Rufus King Manor, in Jamaica.
Date: June 6, 1972
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:16876
Description: A view of the building that originally served as the Flatbush Town Hall; in this photograph it houses the New York Police Department's 67th Precinct. The former Municipal Court building is partially v ... More
Date: November 6, 1960
Type: photostat; digital image
Identifier: aql:22684
Description: This image, of the Moore house in Newton (now Elmhurst), was used in illustrating a series of articles titled "Long Ago on Long Island". Eighty acres of land in what was then Newtown was granted to Ca ... More
Date: January 6, 1949
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:31159
Description: Parks Department workers cut down a 100-year-old tree next to the Rufus King Manor, after the tree was declared unsafe.
Date: [1994]
Language: eng
Type: Cartographic
Identifier: aql:10082
Description: 1 online resource (1 map) : color.
Date: September, 1953
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:31372
Description: This view east on Fulton Avenue at Main Street takes in the former site of an inn where President George Washington is said to have stayed during his 1790 visit to Long Island. The photograph was used ... More
Date: September 1953
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:33295
Description: The Samuel Green house, where George Washington stayed during his 1790 visit to Long Island. The photo appeared with a series of articles about Washington's visit.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1940
Subject: Historic sites
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14392
Description: The old George Edwards house on Upper Swezeytown Pond, north of Middle Island. View ca. 1940.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1940
Subject: Historic sites
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14467
Description: The Joshua Swezey House, built ca. 1840. Burned down in 1989. View ca. 1940.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1940
Subject: Historic sites
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14474
Description: The old Ritch house on State Route 25 (Middle Country Road) at Middle Island.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: 1925
Subject: Historic sites
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14416
Description: The old Brookhaven Town Clerk's office and Mordecai Homan house on the road to Yaphank. The building burned down many years ago. View ca. 1925.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1920
Subject: Historic sites
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14424
Description: The Ashton House on Bartlett Road, build about 1750. During the Revolution it was the home of Major Leek. View ca. 1920.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: 1908
Subject: Historic sites
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14462
Description: View east along Middle Country Road toward the Lester H. Davis House, 1908.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1905
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14395
Description: Manor of St. George (Old William Smith homestead.)
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1905
Subject: Historic sites
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14403
Description: The Smith House "Longwood." Built in 1790. Elbert Smith was the last in the family to occupy the home. Now Longwood Estate Park. Poor quality prints.