Historic buildings | Dwellings
  • See Also:
  • Showing items 1 - 11 of 11.

    Add to Quick Collection   All 11 Results

    • First
    • Previous
    • 1
    • Next
    • Last
    Sort:
     Add All Items to Quick Collection
    Date: July 4, 1965
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:32488
    Description: This view across the lawn shows the main house at the former William Floyd estate. The estate is to be included as part of the Fire Island National Seashore.
    Date: September 21, 1973
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:31816
    Description: Built around 1810, and purchased in 1814 by Valentine Hicks (the second president of the Long Island Rail Road and the namesake of Hicksville), this Hicks homestead, known as the Maine Maid Inn, is on ... More
    Date: September 21, 1973
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:31880
    Description: Built circa 1816, probably by Selah S. Carll, founder of the Queens County Medical Society, the McCallister House is one of several to be preserved as part of a proposed historic district on land nort ... More
    Authors: Anders Goldfarb
    Date: 2002
    Type: Black and white photographs
    Identifier: aql:27976
    Description: Brick Colonial Revival house with columns at 167-01.
    Date: September 1953
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:33002
    Description: The Benjamin Thompson House on North Country Road. The photo appeared with a series of articles about George Washington's 1790 visit to Long Island.
    Date: September 1953
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:33076
    Description: The former Roe Tavern, now a private home, where George Washington stayed during his 1790 visit to Long Island. The photo appeared with a series of articles about Washington's visit.
    Date: 1935
    Type: black and white print; digital images
    Identifier: aql:12815
    Description: Hillwood. The Edward F. Hutton and Marjorie Merriweather Post house. Later sold to Long Island University as the Marjorie Merriweather Post Estate. The campus was later renamed after her father, C.W. ... More
    Date: 1935
    Type: black and white print; digital images
    Identifier: aql:12887
    Description: The Manor of St. George, originally owned by William "Tangier" Smith.
    Date: June 13, 1973
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:31925
    Description: Built circa 1745, the former Elias Hicks house was part of a Quaker settlement established in the late 1700s on land northeast of present-day Route 107 and Jericho Turnpike. The site is to be taken ov ... More
    Authors: Newvochrome
    Date: September 10 1920
    Type: postcard; digital image
    Identifier: aql:17869
    Description: Ash Street (Avenue) and Magnolia Place, the Waldheim, Flushing, N.Y. This postcard was sent by "Beatrice" to her friend Mrs. Bessie Atwood of Bennington, Vermont. She says the house depicted in the po ... More
    Language: English
    Identifier: aql:17
    Description: The Eugene Armbruster Drawings and Photographs (6,950 photographs and drawings, ca. 1895-1936) consist of Mr. Armbruster’s photographs and drawings of Long Island’s historic buildings (house, churches ... More
    • First
    • Previous
    • 1
    • Next
    • Last