Nassau County (N.Y.)

Showing items 196 - 210 of 474.

Add to Quick Collection   All 474 Results

Sort:
 Add All Items to Quick Collection
Date: October 2, 1953
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:33158
Description: A school bus crosses the Long Island Rail Road tracks, near the Wantagh station. Civic workers are campaigning to have gates installed at the crossing.
Date: January 21, 1974
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:32699
Description: Officials check the operation of the new Fire Communications Center in Nassau County's underground Civil Defense Emergency Operating Center in Mineola. From left are Howard O'Brien, the center's comma ... More
Date: September 21, 1973
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:31939
Description: One of several buildings that made up a Quaker settlement established in the late 1700s on land northeast of present-day Route 107 and Jericho Turnpike. This is a storage shed, possibly a root cellar ... More
Date: June 21, 1973
Subject: Express highways
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:33039
Description: A lone vehicle enters the southbound lane at the northern terminus of the Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway (North of Jericho Turnpike.)
Date: June 21, 1973
Subject: Express highways
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:33133
Description: This view shows the northern terminus of the Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway (North of Jericho Turnpike.)
Date: September 21, 1973
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:31832
Description: The home of Mr. and Mrs. James Malcolm, Jr., this house is one of several buildings to be preserved as part of a proposed historic district northeast of Route 107 and Jericho Turnpike. Mr. Malcolm is ... More
Date: September 21, 1973
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:31845
Description: Built circa 1787 on land northeast of Route 107 and Jericho Turnpike, this Society of Friends meeting house is believed to have designed by Elias Hicks.
Date: September 21, 1973
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:31854
Description: The sheep pasture and barns on the grounds of the James Malcolm, Jr. house.
Date: September 21, 1973
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:31896
Description: The sheep pasture and barns on the grounds of the James Malcolm, Jr. house.
Date: September 21, 1973
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:31816
Description: Built around 1810, and purchased in 1814 by Valentine Hicks (the second president of the Long Island Rail Road and the namesake of Hicksville), this Hicks homestead, known as the Maine Maid Inn, is on ... More
Date: September 21, 1973
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:31880
Description: Built circa 1816, probably by Selah S. Carll, founder of the Queens County Medical Society, the McCallister House is one of several to be preserved as part of a proposed historic district on land nort ... More
Date: July 21, 1971
Subject: Railroad bridges
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:30423
Description: View of an abandoned railroad bridge, formerly part of the Mitchel Field Long Island Rail Road shuttle line.
Date: July 21, 1971
Subject: Railroad bridges
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:30628
Description: View of an abandoned railroad bridge, formerly part of the Mitchel Field Long Island Rail Road shuttle line.
Date: July 21, 1971
Subject: Railroad bridges
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:30775
Description: View of an abandoned railroad bridge, formerly part of the Mitchel Field Long Island Rail Road shuttle line.
Date: January 21, 1956
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:32759
Description: A New Hyde Park fire department engine and crew are delayed while waiting for a train to clear a Long Island Rail Road crosiing.