Historic buildings | Nassau County (N.Y.)

Showing items 1 - 13 of 13.

Add to Quick Collection   All 13 Results

  • First
  • Previous
  • 1
  • Next
  • Last
Sort:
 Add All Items to Quick Collection
Date: September 21, 1973
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:31939
Description: One of several buildings that made up a Quaker settlement established in the late 1700s on land northeast of present-day Route 107 and Jericho Turnpike. This is a storage shed, possibly a root cellar ... More
Date: September 21, 1973
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:31832
Description: The home of Mr. and Mrs. James Malcolm, Jr., this house is one of several buildings to be preserved as part of a proposed historic district northeast of Route 107 and Jericho Turnpike. Mr. Malcolm is ... More
Date: September 21, 1973
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:31845
Description: Built circa 1787 on land northeast of Route 107 and Jericho Turnpike, this Society of Friends meeting house is believed to have designed by Elias Hicks.
Date: September 21, 1973
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:31854
Description: The sheep pasture and barns on the grounds of the James Malcolm, Jr. house.
Date: September 21, 1973
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:31896
Description: The sheep pasture and barns on the grounds of the James Malcolm, Jr. house.
Date: September 21, 1973
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:31816
Description: Built around 1810, and purchased in 1814 by Valentine Hicks (the second president of the Long Island Rail Road and the namesake of Hicksville), this Hicks homestead, known as the Maine Maid Inn, is on ... More
Date: September 21, 1973
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:31880
Description: Built circa 1816, probably by Selah S. Carll, founder of the Queens County Medical Society, the McCallister House is one of several to be preserved as part of a proposed historic district on land nort ... More
Date: September 1953
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:32902
Description: This photograph of the old Onderdonk grist mill in Roslyn appeared with a series of articles on George Washington's 1790 visit to Long Island.
Date: August 17, 1972
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:32091
Description: Built in 1876 and expanded in 1920, Jerusalem District #5 Schoolhouse (also known as the Old Jerusalem Schoolhouse), was Levittown's original schoolhouse.
Date: August 17, 1972
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:31991
Description: The chapel is one of the few buildings remaining from a time when the area was known as Jerusalem. Built in 1856 as a German Methodist Episcopal church, it is landmarked by the Town of Hempstead.
Date: June 13, 1973
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:31925
Description: Built circa 1745, the former Elias Hicks house was part of a Quaker settlement established in the late 1700s on land northeast of present-day Route 107 and Jericho Turnpike. The site is to be taken ov ... More
Date: August 13, 1955
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:32871
Description: Flood waters released by a broken dam in the upper pond of Roslyn Park Lake caused this section of Paper Mill Road to collapse.
Date: April 11, 1968
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:32967
Description: An exterior view of the Saddle Rock grist mill, a tidal grist mill constructed in the early 1700s.
  • First
  • Previous
  • 1
  • Next
  • Last