Middle Island (N.Y.)

Showing items 1 - 15 of 15.

Add to Quick Collection   All 15 Results

  • First
  • Previous
  • 1
  • Next
  • Last
Sort:
 Add All Items to Quick Collection
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: October 27, 1910
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14412
Description: Airplane piloted by Ralph Johnstone landing in a field at Middle Island. (Knows as Van Horn's Field, near Artist Lake. Where White's Store later was located.) He took off again after repairs were made ... More
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: June 20, 1915
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14394
Description: Brookhaven district 17 school (also known as East Middle Island School) at Middle Island. June 20, 1915. Later Longwood Public Library.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1953
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14434
Description: Lewis Ritch at 80 years of age, and his woodpile. He had a pile like this until his death at age 96.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1940
Subject: Fuelwood
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14376
Description: Large woodpile on the road to Yaphank, belonging to Charley Szuster's boys.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1940
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14436
Description: Middle Island Presbyterian Church, built 1837 View ca. 1940
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1940
Subject: Historic sites
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14467
Description: The Joshua Swezey House, built ca. 1840. Burned down in 1989. View ca. 1940.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1940
Subject: Historic sites
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14474
Description: The old Ritch house on State Route 25 (Middle Country Road) at Middle Island.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: 1925
Subject: Historic sites
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14416
Description: The old Brookhaven Town Clerk's office and Mordecai Homan house on the road to Yaphank. The building burned down many years ago. View ca. 1925.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1920
Subject: Historic sites
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14424
Description: The Ashton House on Bartlett Road, build about 1750. During the Revolution it was the home of Major Leek. View ca. 1920.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: 1915
Subject: General stores
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14459
Description: Edward Pfeiffer's general store in Middle Island.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: 1910
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14375
Description: Edwin Hutchinson of Middle Island cutting cordwood. 1910
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1905
Subject: Hotels
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14433
Description: Hagen's Hotel and store at Middle Island. Burned down in the early 1900's and was rebuilt as the Hunter's Inn.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1905
Subject: Parks
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14398
Description: Prosser's Cathedral Pines in Middle Island. Now Cathedral Pines County Park. Road is possibly Middle Island Road.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: 1895
Subject: Historic sites
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14437
Description: The old Hutchinson house, built in 1750 by Benjamin Brewster. Served as the Middle Island Post Office 1811-1834. View ca. 1895 Poor quality print.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1865
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14384
Description: R.M. Bayles Store near Bremers
  • First
  • Previous
  • 1
  • Next
  • Last