Center Moriches (N.Y.)

Showing items 1 - 15 of 15.

Add to Quick Collection   All 15 Results

  • First
  • Previous
  • 1
  • Next
  • Last
Sort:
 Add All Items to Quick Collection
Authors: A. Noble Chapman
Date: 1906
Subject: Streets
Type: glass plate negative; black and white negative; black and white prints; digital image
Identifier: aql:10949
Description: Mature trees in full leaf shade the buildings along the unpaved roadway.
Authors: A. Noble Chapman
Date: 1906
Subject: Streets | Hotels
Type: glass plate negative; black and white negative; black and white prints; digital image
Identifier: aql:11088
Description: Moriches Inn is on the left, partly hidden by the trees that shade the unpaved roadway. An advertising banner for the hotel is seen hanging across the street in the background.
Authors: A. Noble Chapman
Date: 1906
Type: glass plate negative; black and white negative; black and white prints; digital image
Identifier: aql:10920
Description: This building, used by the Moriches Yacht Club as well as by the Center Moriches Country Club, was erected in 1905.
Authors: A. Noble Chapman
Date: 1906
Type: glass plate negative; black and white negative; black and white prints; digital image
Identifier: aql:11093
Description: First organized in 1828, the Center Moriches Methodist Church's first church was built in 1839 where the parsonage, seen at left, now stands. In the 1880s a building was erected to the right, and then ... More
Authors: A. Noble Chapman
Date: 1906
Type: glass plate negative; black and white negative; black and white prints; digital image
Identifier: aql:10848
Description: Built around 1881 on by the Brooklyn and Montauk Railroad, the station house was demolished in 1964.
Authors: A. Noble Chapman
Date: 1906
Subject: Hotels
Type: glass plate negative; black and white negative; black and white prints; digital image
Identifier: aql:10827
Description: On Ocean Avenue at Moriches Bay, the hotel was owned at one time by Charles H. Warner, and later by Theodore J. Heather. It was destroyed in the storm of 1938.
Authors: A. Noble Chapman
Date: 1906
Subject: Streets | Bank buildings
Type: glass plate negative; black and white negative; black and white prints; digital image
Identifier: aql:11024
Description: Mature trees shade the street and obscure much of the storefronts on the block. The Centre Moriches Bank is seen at the far right, and to its left is a branch of the Swezey & Newins department store.
Authors: A. Noble Chapman
Date: 1906
Subject: Streets | Hotels
Type: glass plate negative; black and white negative; black and white prints; digital image
Identifier: aql:11017
Description: Two women sit on the hotel porch with a dog at their feet. At the far right, a young man lounges against the window of C. Montagna's grocery store.
Authors: A. Noble Chapman
Date: 1906
Type: glass plate negative; black and white negative; black and white prints; digital image
Identifier: aql:10935
Description: This very large estate was the summer home of a prominent New York City family.
Authors: A. Noble Chapman
Date: 1906
Subject: Streets | Hotels
Type: glass plate negative; black and white negative; black and white prints; digital image
Identifier: aql:10926
Description: An imposing structure on the main thoroughfare of the village, the hotel was designed and erected by Dr. William Carr of New York City. It was a year-round hotel, with steam heat and modern plumbing. ... More
Authors: A. Noble Chapman
Date: 1906
Subject: Hotels
Type: glass plate negative; black and white negative; black and white prints; digital image
Identifier: aql:11074
Description: Ocean House was situated 200 yards from the Great South Bay and accommodated 50 guests.
Authors: A. Noble Chapman
Date: 1906
Subject: Dwellings | Windmills
Type: glass plate negative; black and white negative; black and white prints; digital image
Identifier: aql:10919
Description: Reily's residence.
Authors: A. Noble Chapman
Date: 1906
Subject: Theaters
Type: glass plate negative; black and white negative; black and white prints; digital image
Identifier: aql:10923
Description: Built in 1884, Senekes Hall was originally located on Main Street, near Canal Street. This photograph was taken after the building was moved to Railroad Avenue, at which time it served as an opera hou ... More
Authors: A. Noble Chapman
Date: 1906
Subject: Church buildings
Type: glass plate negative; black and white negative; black and white prints; digital image
Identifier: aql:10994
Description: This church was built in 1898 and dedicated on July 4th of that year.
Authors: A. Noble Chapman
Date: 1906
Subject: Bridges
Type: glass plate negative; black and white negative; black and white prints; digital image
Identifier: aql:11040
Description: No longer red in color, the bridge continues to carry traffic over the Orchard Neck Creek canal on the eponymous Red Bridge Road.
  • First
  • Previous
  • 1
  • Next
  • Last