Thomas R. Bayles
  • See:
  • See Also:
  • Showing items 1 - 15 of 104.

    Add to Quick Collection   All 104 Results

    Sort:
     Add All Items to Quick Collection
    Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
    Date: October 27, 1910
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:14412
    Description: Airplane piloted by Ralph Johnstone landing in a field at Middle Island. (Knows as Van Horn's Field, near Artist Lake. Where White's Store later was located.) He took off again after repairs were made ... More
    Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
    Date: October 25, 1939
    Subject: Almshouses
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:14460
    Description: Photo print of a newspaper clipping from the Mid-Island Mail, Oct. 25, 1939, concerning the pending demolition of the Suffolk County Almshouse.
    Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
    Date: June 20, 1915
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:14394
    Description: Brookhaven district 17 school (also known as East Middle Island School) at Middle Island. June 20, 1915. Later Longwood Public Library.
    Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
    Date: ca. 1960
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:14458
    Description: Moving a LIRR Steam Locomotive (No. 38?) from Stony Brook Station to the Carriage Museum at Stony Brook.
    Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
    Date: ca. 1953
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:14434
    Description: Lewis Ritch at 80 years of age, and his woodpile. He had a pile like this until his death at age 96.
    Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
    Date: ca. 1940
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:14439
    Description: The Manorville Presbyterian Church, built in 1839. View ca. 1940.
    Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
    Date: before 1940
    Subject: General stores
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:14419
    Description: Charles Howell's store in Yaphank. Around 1940 the building was moved down the road and converted into a residence.
    Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
    Date: ca. 1940
    Subject: Historic sites
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:14392
    Description: The old George Edwards house on Upper Swezeytown Pond, north of Middle Island. View ca. 1940.
    Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
    Date: ca. 1940
    Subject: Fuelwood
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:14376
    Description: Large woodpile on the road to Yaphank, belonging to Charley Szuster's boys.
    Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
    Date: 1940
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:14415
    Description: The Old LIRR Medford Station, looking South east, before grade elimination later in the year. Has Been Demolished.
    Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
    Date: ca. 1940
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:14436
    Description: Middle Island Presbyterian Church, built 1837 View ca. 1940
    Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
    Date: ca. 1940
    Subject: Historic sites
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:14467
    Description: The Joshua Swezey House, built ca. 1840. Burned down in 1989. View ca. 1940.
    Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
    Date: 1940
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:14427
    Description: Close up view of the last of Long Island Railroad Steam Engine service east of Medford.
    Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
    Date: ca. 1940
    Subject: Historic sites
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:14474
    Description: The old Ritch house on State Route 25 (Middle Country Road) at Middle Island.
    Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
    Date: 1925
    Subject: Historic sites
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:14416
    Description: The old Brookhaven Town Clerk's office and Mordecai Homan house on the road to Yaphank. The building burned down many years ago. View ca. 1925.