Arthur W. Murray
  • See:
  • See Also:
  • Showing items 1 - 15 of 76.

    Add to Quick Collection   All 76 Results

    Sort:
     Add All Items to Quick Collection
    Authors: Arthur W. Murray
    Date: 1960
    Type: black and white negative; digital image
    Identifier: aql:11234
    Description: Built in the mid-1890s, this served as a rest stop for cyclists traveling the Bicycle Path, which ran north-south through Selden from Patchogue to Port Jefferson. The structure was located behind the ... More
    Authors: Arthur W. Murray
    Date: 1950s
    Type: black and white negative; digital image
    Identifier: aql:11240
    Description: A sign on the building that can be seen just above the automobile reads "E.W. Gould".
    Authors: Arthur W. Murray
    Date: 1950
    Type: black and white negative; digital image
    Identifier: aql:11122
    Description: Opened in 1921 and covering ten square miles, the RCA Radio Central facility at Rocky Point was considered the largest transmitting station in the world. Its sister receiving station was in Riverhead, ... More
    Authors: Arthur W. Murray
    Date: early 1920s
    Subject: Dwellings
    Type: black and white negative; digital image
    Identifier: aql:11262
    Description: This is the same house that is seen in record awm-000099.
    Authors: Arthur W. Murray
    Date: 1920
    Subject: Dwellings
    Type: black and white negative; digital image
    Identifier: aql:11203
    Description: Seven unidentified people stand outside the house.
    Authors: Arthur W. Murray
    Date: ca. 1916
    Type: black and white negative; black and white prints; digital image
    Identifier: aql:11154
    Description: Built in 1873 by the Smithtown and Port Jefferson Railroad, the station is on the Port Jefferson line of the Long Island Railroad. This image appears to be from a postcard, captioned "R.R. Station, St ... More
    Authors: Arthur W. Murray
    Date: before 1914
    Type: black and white negative; digital image
    Identifier: aql:11228
    Description: Several people and a dog are gathered in front of the market. A sign advertising "Horton's Ice Cream" leans against the porch.
    Authors: Arthur W. Murray
    Date: ca. 1911
    Type: black and white negative; black and white prints; digital image
    Identifier: aql:11310
    Description: Originally opened as "Wardenclyffe," when the Wading River extension was added to the railroad's Port Jefferson line, in 1906 the stop was renamed "Shoreham." In 1935, The station remained open until ... More
    Authors: Arthur W. Murray
    Date: ca. 1905
    Type: black and white negative; black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:11194
    Description: Passengers appear alongside the train, a horse-drawn carriage waits to the right of the building, and a line of drying laundry hangs on the second floor of the station, in this photograph of a postcar ... More
    Authors: Arthur W. Murray
    Date: ca. 1905
    Type: black and white negative; digital image
    Identifier: aql:11252
    Description: The parsonage of the New Village Congregational Church stood on Hawkins Avenue in the early 1900s. In 1913 the building was completely destroyed by fire, and rebuilt in 1914.
    Authors: Arthur W. Murray
    Date: ca. 1903
    Subject: Steamboats
    Type: black and white negative; black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:11215
    Description: Built by Mather and Wood for the Bridgeport and Port Jefferson Steamboat Company, the "Park City" was launched in 1898. It had a long and active career as a ferry and an excursion vessel, survived the ... More
    Authors: Arthur W. Murray
    Date: early 1900s
    Subject: Dwellings
    Type: black and white negative; digital image
    Identifier: aql:11231
    Description: The large house is reflected in the puddle in the foreground.
    Authors: Arthur W. Murray
    Date: early 1900s
    Type: black and white negative; digital image
    Identifier: aql:11220
    Description: Pieces of the trunk and branches of a large tree lie in the street in front of the house.
    Authors: Arthur W. Murray
    Date: early 1900s
    Type: black and white negative; digital image
    Identifier: aql:11168
    Description: The women are standing in front of the Metzner family's private mausoleum at the family's Lake Grove estate. In 1927, the mausoleum and remains of the Metzner family were moved to Calvary Cemetery in ... More
    Authors: Arthur W. Murray
    Date: early 1900s
    Subject: Dwellings
    Type: black and white negative; digital image
    Identifier: aql:11227
    Description: The exact location is unknown.