Elmhurst (New York, N.Y.)

Showing items 1 - 15 of 408.

Add to Quick Collection   All 408 Results

Sort:
 Add All Items to Quick Collection
Date: ©1995
Language: eng
Type: Text
Identifier: aql:12691
Description: 1 online resource (156 pages) : illustrations, maps, facsimiles.
Full Text: Full Text
Authors: Nicholas Hirshon
Date: May 9 2000
Type: School assignments
Identifier: aql:26208
Description: Nicholas Hirshon submitted these papers in a religion class in his freshman year, the academic year of 1999 to 2000, at Monsignor McClancy Memorial High School in East Elmhurst.
Full Text: Full Text
Date: March 9, 1954
Subject: Roads
Type: black and white print; digital images
Identifier: aql:13109
Description: View looking west on 41st Avenue, toward 81st Street. The building under construction on the left is part of Elmhurst Hospital Center.
Date: June 9, 1941
Subject: Footbridges | Roads
Type: black and white print; digital images
Identifier: aql:13179
Description: View looking south west along 60th Road from Seabury Street, now near 60th Avenue. The 60th Road pedestrian overpass can be seen in the distance.
Date: Time Period: November 8, 2012
Type: Oral history
Identifier: aql:21232
Description: Marisa describes the vegetarian food her family cooks to celebrate Diwali including roti, chana, pumpkin and squash. She also describes food prepared for parties. She finds traditional ingredients lik ... More
Date: Time Period: November 8, 2012
Type: Oral history
Identifier: aql:21269
Description: Marisa describes how she makes Sada roti, including the names of ingredients and cooking equipment. In Trinidad, she had her own garden and produced the ingredients in the food she ate. Marisa describ ... More
Date: Time Period: November 8, 2012
Type: Oral history
Identifier: aql:21220
Description: Marisa Gray who was born in Trinidad but lives in Queens now describes her food traditions in Trinidad and how they translate in Queens.
Date: March 8, 1957
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:22696
Description: Dr. Morris A. Jacobs, Commissioner of Hospitals (left) and Dr. Herman E. Bauer, Sr. Medical Superintendent, inspect an operating room prior to the opening of the new Elmurst Hospital.
Date: July 8, 1940
Subject: Roads | Automobiles
Type: black and white print; digital images
Identifier: aql:13248
Description: View looking east on Queens Boulevard, from 67th Street.
Date: July 8, 1940
Type: black and white print; digital images
Identifier: aql:13213
Description: View looking west on Queens Boulevard, from 69th Street. A billboard for Davega Stores stands on the left.
Date: February 8, 1924
Subject: Buildings | Roads | Automobiles
Type: Black and white photograph
Identifier: aql:25907
Description: Queens Boulevard - looking west along Queens Blvd. towards Woodhaven Blvd. from a point west of Eliot Ave. The house at left, on the south side of the road, is old No. 150 Queens Blvd., owned by Louis ... More
Date: February 8, 1924
Subject: Roads | Meadows | Rivers
Type: Black and white photograph
Identifier: aql:25960
Description: Queens Boulevard - Looking north from the junction of Queens Blvd. and Woodhaven Blvd. across Horse Brook Stream Meadow to the developing area of Elmhurst. In right foreground are the remnants of the ... More
Date: February 8, 1924
Subject: Buildings | Storefronts | Roads
Type: Black and white photograph
Identifier: aql:25942
Description: Queens Boulevard - View of the north side of Queens Blvd. These were the only buildings standing between 57th Ave. (old Caldwell Ave.?) and Woodhaven Blvd. Old building numbers were 79 to 97. This ent ... More
Date: February 8, 1924
Subject: Dwellings
Type: Black and white photograph
Identifier: aql:25880
Description: Robinson House - Located on the south side of the Queens Blvd. (aka Hoffman Ave., which was part of the old North Hempstead Plank Rd.), between Buskirk Place (58th Ave.) and Woodhaven Ave. (Woodhaven ... More
Date: February 8, 1924
Subject: Dwellings | Meadows
Type: Black and white photograph
Identifier: aql:25872
Description: Robinson House - Rear of the Robinson House from a distance south. Owned by: Robert Mack (?) 1852, J. Robinson 1860, Robinson 1891. Standing on the south side of old Queens Blvd. between 58th Ave. and ... More