• See Also:
  • Showing items 1 - 15 of 27.

    Add to Quick Collection   All 27 Results

    Sort:
     Add All Items to Quick Collection
    Date: May 8, 1960
    Type: photostat; digital image
    Identifier: aql:31148
    Description: This illustration, by J. Ernest Brierly, of the former Peace and Plenty Inn, was used in illustrating a series of articles titled "Long Ago on Long Island". The house still stands, at 107 Chichester R ... More
    Date: April 6, 1927
    Subject: Taverns (Inns)
    Type: black and white print; black and white negative; digital image
    Identifier: aql:8737
    Description: Fresh Meadow Inn. The inn was destroyed in a fire in 1939.
    Date: September 25, 1960
    Subject: Taverns (Inns)
    Type: photostat; digital image
    Identifier: aql:31495
    Description: This woodcut illustration by J. Ernest Brierly, showing the old Bull's Head Tavern, was used to illustrate the series "Long Ago on Long Island."
    Date: 1960
    Subject: Taverns (Inns)
    Type: photostat; digital image
    Identifier: aql:31409
    Description: This image, of the Bedell Tavern in Hempstead as it appeared in 1802, was used in illustrating a series of articles titled "Long Ago on Long Island". The original woodcut was done by J. Ernest Brierly ... More
    Date: September 1953
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:33076
    Description: The former Roe Tavern, now a private home, where George Washington stayed during his 1790 visit to Long Island. The photo appeared with a series of articles about Washington's visit.
    Date: 1934
    Subject: Taverns (Inns)
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:9332
    Description: Hewlett Creeds Tavern. Torn down in 1935. Building on the right is Blackwells Printery.
    Date: ca. 1930
    Subject: Taverns (Inns)
    Type: black and white print; digital images
    Identifier: aql:13326
    Description: Jacob Haubeil's Fountain House. Built in 1765 and purchased by Haubeil in 1885, the building was demolished in 1914. Men from an unidentified organization and several children pose in front of the tav ... More
    Date: March 1929
    Type: Black and white photograph
    Identifier: aql:29531
    Description: Queens Head Tavern - Located on the SE corner of Maspeth Avenue and Rust Street. The Queens Head Tavern was used as headquarters for British Troops during the Revolutionary War. Peter Barton ran the t ... More
    Date: 1924
    Type: Black and white photograph
    Identifier: aql:29731
    Description: Queens Head Tavern - View of the south wall, of the former Queens Head Tavern, newly painted green in this photo, located on the SE corner of Maspeth Avenue and Rust Street. The Queens Head Tavern was ... More
    Date: 1924
    Type: Black and white photograph
    Identifier: aql:29766
    Description: Queens Head Tavern - View of the west and south facades located on the SE corner of Maspeth Avenue and Rust Street, the tavern was built by the town of Newtown prior to the Revolution to be leased as ... More
    Date: 1923
    Type: Black and white photograph
    Identifier: aql:29852
    Description: Haffner Park Hotel - Located on the north side of Old Bowery Bay Road at the bend, opposite Totten House - (aka Daniel Rapelye House). The hotel also had a picnic park. The current location would be s ... More
    Date: 1923
    Type: Black and white photograph
    Identifier: aql:29552
    Description: Queens Head Tavern - Located on the SE corner of Maspeth Avenue and Rust Street. The Queens Head Tavern was used as headquarters for British Troops during the Revolutionary War. Peter Barton ran the t ... More
    Date: March 1923
    Type: Black and white photograph
    Identifier: aql:29857
    Description: Queens Head Tavern - Located on the SE corner of Maspeth Avenue and Rust Street. The Queens Head Tavern was used as headquarters for British Troops during the Revolutionary War. The tavern was operate ... More
    Date: 1922
    Type: Black and white photograph
    Identifier: aql:29516
    Description: Clinton Park Hotel - Distant view of the Clinton Park Hotel and picnic grounds, near the corner 58th St., Maspeth Avenue., and 56th Terrace, in the late 1800's picnic parks were popular in Ridgewood a ... More
    Date: 1922
    Subject: Taverns (Inns)
    Type: black and white print; digital image
    Identifier: aql:9152
    Description: Hewlett Creeds Tavern. Torn down in 1935. Building on the right is Blackwells Printery.