Showing items 1 - 15 of 104.

Add to Quick Collection   All 104 Results

Sort:
 Add All Items to Quick Collection
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: October 27, 1910
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14412
Description: Airplane piloted by Ralph Johnstone landing in a field at Middle Island. (Knows as Van Horn's Field, near Artist Lake. Where White's Store later was located.) He took off again after repairs were made ... More
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: October 25, 1939
Subject: Almshouses
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14460
Description: Photo print of a newspaper clipping from the Mid-Island Mail, Oct. 25, 1939, concerning the pending demolition of the Suffolk County Almshouse.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: June 20, 1915
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14394
Description: Brookhaven district 17 school (also known as East Middle Island School) at Middle Island. June 20, 1915. Later Longwood Public Library.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1960
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14458
Description: Moving a LIRR Steam Locomotive (No. 38?) from Stony Brook Station to the Carriage Museum at Stony Brook.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1953
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14434
Description: Lewis Ritch at 80 years of age, and his woodpile. He had a pile like this until his death at age 96.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1940
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14439
Description: The Manorville Presbyterian Church, built in 1839. View ca. 1940.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: before 1940
Subject: General stores
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14419
Description: Charles Howell's store in Yaphank. Around 1940 the building was moved down the road and converted into a residence.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1940
Subject: Historic sites
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14392
Description: The old George Edwards house on Upper Swezeytown Pond, north of Middle Island. View ca. 1940.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1940
Subject: Fuelwood
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14376
Description: Large woodpile on the road to Yaphank, belonging to Charley Szuster's boys.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: 1940
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14415
Description: The Old LIRR Medford Station, looking South east, before grade elimination later in the year. Has Been Demolished.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1940
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14436
Description: Middle Island Presbyterian Church, built 1837 View ca. 1940
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1940
Subject: Historic sites
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14467
Description: The Joshua Swezey House, built ca. 1840. Burned down in 1989. View ca. 1940.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: 1940
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14427
Description: Close up view of the last of Long Island Railroad Steam Engine service east of Medford.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: ca. 1940
Subject: Historic sites
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14474
Description: The old Ritch house on State Route 25 (Middle Country Road) at Middle Island.
Authors: Thomas R. Bayles
Date: 1925
Subject: Historic sites
Type: black and white print; digital image
Identifier: aql:14416
Description: The old Brookhaven Town Clerk's office and Mordecai Homan house on the road to Yaphank. The building burned down many years ago. View ca. 1925.