Add Add to Quick Collection

Title:

Newtown - Lutheran Cemetery - Middle Village

Creator:

Eugene L. Armbruster

Date:

December 21, 1922

Description:

Lutheran Cemetery - Now All Faiths Cemetery. View looking N-NW at the west end of Lutheran Cemetery, south of Metropolitan Ave. The wood frame bell tower in the center background was replaced in 1928 by a stone office building. The cemetery was founded in 1852. John Adam Heuss surveyed and laid it out and was the first cemetery superintendent, in 1891 John Sutter was superintendent, and later it was David Avenius and his son, David. Photo taken Dec. 21, 1922.

Location:

Middle Village, Queens, NY

Type:

Black and white photograph Open in Browser 4 KB