Add Add to Quick Collection

Title:

Pantigo Windmill, Behind "Home Sweet Home" Cottage

Creator:

Samuel H. Gottscho

Date:

1940

Description:

The mill was moved to its current location in 1917 by Gustav Buek, who at that time owned the "Home Sweet Home" cottage, now a museum.

Inscription:

printed on back of print: Photograph No. 17040 Samuel H. Gottscho 150-35 86th Ave. Jamaica, New York ; Printed on paper label affixed to back of print: MILL owned by the Village of EAST HAMPTON located at the rear of the HOME SWEET HOME COTTAGE. It overlooks the village green and Montauk Highway. This mill is filled with early farming and fishing gear. It has not been operable in many years. It is open to the public. The Queens Borough Public Library ; handwritten on back of print: 17040 Wind Mill Near John Howard Payne house Easthampton

Location:

14 James Lane, East Hampton, NY 11937

Type:

black and white print; digital image Open in Browser 5 KB